From relatively small cosmetic improvements to extensive structural modifications, there are many varieties of renovations available. Here are a handful of the most popular types:
- Aesthetic renovations give a space an updated look and feel, including wallpapering, changing out light fixtures, and replacing hardware. Kitchen and bathroom remodels are some of the most common alterations made to homes, often involving new cabinetry, countertops, appliances and other features and flooring.
- Room additions: This involves adding an entirely new room to a house. This can be done by adding onto an existing structure or building a separate structure altogether.
- Structural renovations: these can completely change the layout of a property. Removing walls, installing support beams, and even adding an extra level to one's residence are all feasible ways in which a person could modify their home's structure.
- Outdoor renovations: These renovations focus on improving the outdoor space of a property, such as building a deck or patio, landscaping, or installing outdoor lighting.
- Enhance your home's energy efficiency with strategic renovations: These can range from adding insulation to exchanging windows and doors, or even installing environmentally friendly appliances and fixtures. Make sure you get the most out of your investment by using only top-of-the-line sustainable materials that guarantee optimal results!
- Universal design renovations: These renovations aim to make a home accessible for people of all ages and abilities, such as adding wheelchair ramps, wider doorways, or walk-in showers.
Each type of renovation requires a different level of planning, budget, and expertise. It's important to research and consult with professionals to ensure that the renovation you choose is right for your needs and fits within your budget.